Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Opinion of the Week: Why Mission Space Needs to Go


Mission Space, it was supposed to be the end all be all of thrill rides. Replacing Horizons it made its mark on Epcot history by making Disney fans really upset. Mission Space is very intense, a few people died but it was due to prior heart problems, and not the ride. It did not help the attraction from a PR standpoint though. I have never been on this ride. Now you are probably thinking "Who are you to say they should get rid of this ride?" I'm a person who does not want to get sick, but also wants be entertained. See, what they did was add in a less intense version. If I go on that I know I'm not going to have that good of a time since I'm essentially just watching a movie on some TV right next to my face. If I go on the other version I know I will get sick and not enjoy the rest of the day. So what am I supposed to do? Well I could just not go on it. Sure but why should I miss out on something, even if said thing is not that great. I know it is to late to bring Horizons back, but I wish they would just replace Mission Space. I know Disney wanted to simulate the experience of space travel, but not everyone can handle that thrill. I realize some attractions will not be accessible to all people, there are so many great ideas Disney Imagineers have and Mission Space feels like a waste, of well, space.

No comments:

Post a Comment