Friday, November 25, 2011

Muppet Week Day 6: A Brief History of Muppet Video Games


The Muppets are not well know for quality video games. But I thought it would be cool to take a look at some of them anyway. Most of these I don't own but I'll still write about them just because I can! You can see them after the break:

Pigs in Space for the Atari 2600:
This is not a very deep gameplay experience and there are no good videos to show you of it. I also do not own this one so I don't have a lot to write about. But here is the cover art at least:


There is not much to say about the game besides that it was really more like a collection of 3 games and one of them is a parody of Space Invaders.

Muppets CD-Rom: Muppets Inside on the PC:
I don't own this game so I don't have a lot to say about it. The only this I do know is that Muppets Inside is a parody of Intel Inside. Here is a video:



Muppet RaceMania on the PS1:
This is a Muppet kart racer. Not much more to say about it. Here is a video:



Muppet Monster Adventure on the PS1:
This is a 3D platformer that is kinda like a monster movie? I really don't know again this is another game I do not own. Here is a video:



Muppet Party Crusie on the PS2 and GameCube:
The next game Is Muppet Party Cruise one of the Muppet games I own. The premise of the game is that the Muppets are going on a cruise vacation but through a miscommunication they end up on deck 1 instead of 1st class. The gang then goes on to play various mini-games in order to go up various decks. The game is fun to me because of the nostalgia of playing it but in reality it really is not that good of a game. Here is a video of the end credits song Kermit's Rap:



The last game is The Muppets: On With The Show for the Game Boy Advance. I also own this one basically it is a collection of Muppet themed mini-games based around The Muppet Show. The only thing that sticks out to me is that is was one of the many GBA games that used password saves which always annoyed me. Well, here is a video:



These are only some of the many Muppet video games released. I plan on reviewing some Muppet video games not mentioned here that I own. Maybe someday we will get a new good one. Sadly that day is not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment