Saturday, September 18, 2010

Walt Disney World History: Walt Disney World Explorer

The Walt Disney World Explorer was a CD-ROM application that acted as a guide to Walt Disney World. It featured interactive maps, pictures, video,and info on  each attraction you clicked on. Not all attractions had video but they all were informative.You could also learn about hotels and other activities to do around Walt Disney World. The attractions where divided up so that you had to click on a certain area for a certain attraction. An example is you want to learn about the Epcot attraction Horizons (which no longer exists) you would click on Future World then click on Horizons. The CD-ROM was a great way to get your Walt Disney World fix.  The CD-ROM also sported an interactive timeline of Disney World, interactive tours, and a trivia game. It was not just a ploy to get you to book a Walt Disney World vacation, but a true piece of entertainment. I used to have a copy but sadly it was lost when my house was flooded. When I was younger I used to spend hours on it learning new information on Walt Disney World. This CD-ROM accounts for one of the reasons why I am such a fan of Walt Disney World and why I know so much about it. Only two editions of it were made, one in 1996 and one in 1998. Sadly it is out of production. It may be gone but it will be long remembered.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I never knew this or I would have definately had a copy too! Do you ever listen to Live365.com then search for Walt Disney World Music? There are many stations out there that have Theme Park/Resort music. But seeing how tech savvy you are you probably know more than me! : ) thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I have a copy of that software. I saw a clip of it on youtube. Where can I buy a used copy for a very low price?

    -ilovehorseyrides

    ReplyDelete